Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
contact lenses and kids
An_221630 posted:
Do you have kids who wear contact lenses?
How do you keep track of how long they've worn their contacts? I'm so busy - that's the last thing on my mind. I feel like such a bad parent.

LargeMarge22 responded:
My kids don't wear contacts, but I wear them. I use a timer that my doctor recommended. It's called Lensalert. I bought it at Target. Really easy. I haven't missed one day because of it. Your kids will have no trouble remembering and you can think of yourself as parent of the year.

bluebell222 replied to LargeMarge22's response:
Very interesting! I had no idea something like that existed. Thanks alot. Getting it today.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
My daughter tried them for a while 2 years ago. She was in charge of them herself but got tired of the routine I think.

crunk05177 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have had them since I was in 6th grade, and I had the long lasting ones and would and still do mark it on the calendar. My eye doctor suggested changing them on the first of every month (now that I am wearing monthlys). But yeah changing them is very important so try and stay on it..

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2005 I moved from my hometown to live 4,000 miles away with my new husband and growing family. I brought my two boys, now ages 9 and 12. My step-so...More

Helpful Tips

Depression
My oldest daughter was 13 when she was diagnosed wih depression she was on all kinds of antidepressants she tried to commit suiceide 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.