Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Help if you can
Confusedfather posted:
My 15yr old will Pee in his room on purpose, will use clothes to wipe himself after going to the restroom, will go in his pants then us clothes to wipe himself and hide the clothes throughout the house. He has been diagnosed ADHD since he was 4. mother and I are going through divorce. he has had these problems his entire life, sees therapist and psychiatrist on regular basis. any thoughts?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have you brought this up with the therapist?

momuv4girls responded:
I would say there is some serious issues here and if his "therapist" and/or psychiatrist have not helped him, or given you a plan of action, then some thing is terribly wrong.

Have you sat with his Dr.s and explained what is going on??

This is not just "typical" adhd.

I would contact his Psychiatrist today and have a serious consult - - just you and his mother.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Boyzmomee responded:
This behavior is not related to ADHD.

Please discuss this in depth with your son's therapist and psychiatrist.

Confusedfather replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes the therapist is just as confused. the psychiatrist really cant reply to the issue. He has been to a Gastroneurologist(sry for spelling) he had build up that he had to get released. he see them again next week. The therapist we are working with says he has never heard of this in kids his age. My work let me go home and be with him to try and figure stuff out. He did get better but didnt completely stop. now that I left again he back to it in full.
I agree with he comment that this isnt related to ADHD, I appreciate all the comments. I know this is more psychological for this web chat but I though I would give it a try. I'm giving everything i can a try. thanks Guys

Confusedfather replied to momuv4girls's response:
thank you we are doing everything we can just wanted to see if anyone out there possibly had heard of this before.

Confusedfather replied to Boyzmomee's response:
thank you we are doing everything we can just wanted to see if anyone out there possibly had heard of this before.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Confusedfather's response:
What does your son say about it? Anything?

Is there something about the bathroom that feels dirty, uncomfortable, or unsafe to him? Does he have to share it with a lot of people?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have two adopted children from Korea. The first is a boy of 17 and the younger is a girl of 15. Both are fairly intelligent but my so...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.