Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
So Long, Farewell
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
This starts my last day at WebMD and a farewell note.

I do promise to get a regular member name and stop in from time to time. It won't be Louise--they retire mod names like beloved sports players or something.

The thing that I want to remind you as I head off to a new adventure--YOU are the community, the heart and soul of the community. You each lead every time you post. You welcome, you show empathy, you share views, you share your lives, and those actions make this community special.

Most of all love those teens and tweens. Help them grow to fly away. Remember they balance at that time where they want all the privileges of adulthood, but at the same time they fear it. Pick the important battles. Leave the rest, but in that leaving, make sure your child still knows you care. Too soon they grow into adults who still need their parents but in a different way. You long for the days of loud music, slamming doors, and a kid turning up her nose at dinner or a family activity.

These children--incredible--each of them and you as well, since you care enough to find information, find support, look for fellow wanderers making their way through the minefield of parenting teens and tweens.

Thank you for indulging me in my sharing of teen/tween stories and questions. Thank you for sharing yourself and your children with me.

Do take care.

momuv4girls responded:
Goodbye Louise !!!

The best of luck to you and your family, I'll miss seeing your smiling face !

(((Big Hugs)))
-Kathleen

FCL responded:
Louise, I shall miss your advice and keen insights. I'm sorry to see you go ...

Good luck in your new adventure.

CarrieD6 responded:
Louise, you will be missed. But I look forward to seeing you on here as a regular member. You have a large family like myself and your insight has been very helpful. Good luck on your new adventure in life!

moonbeamgarden1 responded:
The very best wishes on your new adventure! I hope that your family continues to bring you much happiness. Good luck, we will miss you greatly!

Boyzmomee responded:
I'm sad that you are leaving but wish you well.

I will look forward to seeing you here when you can.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow. Thanks everyone!

stressed1857 responded:
good luck with your journey and will be glad to hear from you from time to time i havent been here long but i really enjoy it alot good luck once again and god bless you

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually classified a...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.