Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    Need some good advice on natural remedies for my 13 year old daughter
    Julzmeister posted:
    My daughter is 13 years old. She has been going through a tough time with anger, depression, etc... i am thinking she has a hormone imbalance since she started her period at 10 and has periods sometimes that last an entire month. i would like to find an natural remedy for her since I do NOT want to put her on medication and she is too young for birth control pills. I am at a loss and everyone in the family is about to pull their hair out! Please help.
    FCL responded:
    You really need to take her to see a gyn about the month-long periods. It's not normal and it must be miserable for her, not to mention that it could be making her anaemic. It's bad enough being 13 without having that on top of it :)
    Boyzmomee responded:
    Please take her to a physician. This is not normal and the doctor is the one to decide whether or not medication is appropriate.
    jrap1978 responded:
    she's not too young for birth control pills,and if her period is a month long then most likely a doc is going to reccomend a parent you just need to make sure that she knows this isnt a green light to fool around with boys.if i had my period for an entire month i'd be going bonkers,so please seek advice from the gyn
    FCL responded:
    I would look at the pill factor differently. I would consider the pill, in this case, as a med that just happens to have a side effect of being contraceptive ...
    stressed1857 responded:
    you should take her to the doctor my daughter is 16 and has been on birth control for about 3 yearsshe had severe pain and heavy flow but she couldnt remember to take the pill so she went on the depo shot and just this last year she was diagonosed with cysts on her overies like me now she rarely has any pain and only has a period 1 time about every 3 months and they are light and little pain good luck just remember our parents said no sex but we did it if it can help her health the fact that it is considered a birth control shouldnt matter just make sure that you talk with her about it and let her know you are doing it for her health not birth control that she does not have your permission to have sex of any kind a heating pad when at home helps just make sure she doesnt fall asleep with it or take a soft warm small blanket to cover the stomach when she sleeps it helps midol complete and aleave also help good luck but deffinataly get it checked out it could be serious and make her iron low causing anemia
    real true love loving my family and appriating them and loving life

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am a Mother of 5 kids of a combined family! My 11 Year old daughter my 9 year old son my 9 year old Stepson my 8 year old Stepson and the newest add...More

    Helpful Tips

    Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 25 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.