Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
13 year old with vaginal itching
cjrmommy posted:
i realize this is a super-sensative issue but my 13 year old daughter who I know is NOT sexually active has been suffering from itching - not so much in the vagina but in the front area. i'm hoping it's just a soap allergy but i had given her a generic brand of vagisil. it's not something she likes to talk about so i just thought she got over it since she wasn't complaining about it anymore. well, it turns out that she is missing another day of school due to the lack of sleep she had because of the itching! she said the vagisil ran out! i was horrified that she was still using it! i want to take her to the dr. but she is embarassed but i feel she might need to be looked at. any advice? thanks!

momuv4girls responded:
I would definitely take her to the Dr. - - a female one, so she' feels more comfortable.

Take care,
-Kathleen

FCL replied to momuv4girls's response:
Me too.

Boyzmomee responded:
Take her to the doctor. She might have a yeast infection.

BigBlu40 responded:
No brainer, you need to take your daughter to the doctor. Your daughter could have a severe infection and she needs to be treated by a physician. Anytime you allow your daughter to suffer through the night with no sleep due to this kind of health issue, you need to take your daughter to a doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I am a 34 year old mother of 3. A 15 year old, 14 year old, and a 10 year old. Will be divorced after 16 years of marriage to my high school swee...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.