Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
My 15 year old son is abusive and deficates on himself.
An_221734 posted:
I am a forty six and recently divorced. I have two kids. My daughter is 11 and my son is 15. Since my divorce my sons behavior is getting worse and worse. My kids witnessed my now ex husband be physically abusive towards me and my son had begun mimicing his fathers actions. Now that it is just us three in the house my son is awful and has no control over his anger. He shoves me and pushes me. He is also abusive to his sister. He will punch and kick her as well in fits of anger. In an argument with me he hit me in the jaw and pushed his sister down fracturing her wrist. I knew nothing else to do so I called the police. Since then he has stopped talking completley and refuses to go to the bathroom. I have had to pick him up from school as he has deficated on himself over five times. I have also found containers of excrement under his bed and in his bookbag. He will not eat and hardly sleeps. I love my child however I am at my wits end and rufuse for my daughter to live in fear of her own brother. I cant take anymore and dont know where to turn.

momuv4girls responded:
First off you need some ((((HUGS))) - - this is really a bad situation and you need some serious, fast help for your son.

I'm glad you called the police when your son assaulted you and his sister - this behavior should never, ever be tolerated. If he lays a finger on you or his sister again, do not hesitate to call the police back.

You need to find help for your family. You can call your local city office of mental health and ask where to find a Dr. for your son to see.
Talk to his school counselor and ask about resources/help.
Go to your local police station and ask for help/resources.

There is help out there it just can be tricky to find sometimes, especially depending on where you live.

Here are a few links for you to read, and some phone numbers.
http://teenadvice.about.com/library/weekly/aa070500a.htm

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/teen-angst-dangerous-anger-6-signs

I would be happy to try and find you some local resources, if you write back with City / State of residence.

And please, do no wait to call 911 if your son turns violent.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon,

I am so sorry you are going through this and glad you have reached out for help.

In addition to the information Kathleen provided, please call one of the professionals listed on our Crisis Resource page for additional help.

Is your son seeing a counselor/therapist or psychiatrist?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually classified a...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.