Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    My 15 year old son is abusive and deficates on himself.
    An_221734 posted:
    I am a forty six and recently divorced. I have two kids. My daughter is 11 and my son is 15. Since my divorce my sons behavior is getting worse and worse. My kids witnessed my now ex husband be physically abusive towards me and my son had begun mimicing his fathers actions. Now that it is just us three in the house my son is awful and has no control over his anger. He shoves me and pushes me. He is also abusive to his sister. He will punch and kick her as well in fits of anger. In an argument with me he hit me in the jaw and pushed his sister down fracturing her wrist. I knew nothing else to do so I called the police. Since then he has stopped talking completley and refuses to go to the bathroom. I have had to pick him up from school as he has deficated on himself over five times. I have also found containers of excrement under his bed and in his bookbag. He will not eat and hardly sleeps. I love my child however I am at my wits end and rufuse for my daughter to live in fear of her own brother. I cant take anymore and dont know where to turn.
    momuv4girls responded:
    First off you need some ((((HUGS))) - - this is really a bad situation and you need some serious, fast help for your son.

    I'm glad you called the police when your son assaulted you and his sister - this behavior should never, ever be tolerated. If he lays a finger on you or his sister again, do not hesitate to call the police back.

    You need to find help for your family. You can call your local city office of mental health and ask where to find a Dr. for your son to see.
    Talk to his school counselor and ask about resources/help.
    Go to your local police station and ask for help/resources.

    There is help out there it just can be tricky to find sometimes, especially depending on where you live.

    Here are a few links for you to read, and some phone numbers.

    I would be happy to try and find you some local resources, if you write back with City / State of residence.

    And please, do no wait to call 911 if your son turns violent.

    Take care,
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Dear Anon,

    I am so sorry you are going through this and glad you have reached out for help.

    In addition to the information Kathleen provided, please call one of the professionals listed on our Crisis Resource page for additional help.

    Is your son seeing a counselor/therapist or psychiatrist?

    Please keep us posted on how you are doing,

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Jessica. My boyfriend of 10 years and I are raising my son, Colton, 11, and his daughter, Courtney, 10, and we have a 3 month old son Xavie...More

    Helpful Tips

    Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 25 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.