Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
teenager???????
stphcar posted:
My step-daughter has been doing and saying stuff since me and my wife have been together and we are in dire need of some answers.The first instance she accused her grandmother,grandfather,and her dad of sexual abbuse.then she said people have said they were going to kill her and we went outside and nobody there,and fresh snow on the ground leaving no tracks.then she pulled a phone prank on a girl at school cussing her saying she was doing drugs she was going to beat her up.we gave her a drug test came back negative.she went to school claiming we beat her and DHS showed up on are door steps.then last night she bit her sister on the face said they were playing.but then we caught her sucking on her arm like she was trying to leave bruises in the shape of fingers.O yea bi-polar runs on her momma and dads side of the family.

momuv4girls responded:
Your step-daughter is suffering and needs treatment.
I highly suggest you finding her a really good, qualified Child Psychologist to see.

This is no way to live for any of you, and un-treated, I could almost guarantee this behavior will get worse.

Here are some links for you to seriously explore:

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml

http://www.psychologyinfo.com/

I would be happy to help with more resources / info. if you write back with your city / state of residence.

Take care, and please do not wait to seek help!
-Kathleen

Jaimarie_109 responded:
I agree with momuv4girls ..... you should definitely take her to a child psychologist immediately before her behavior gets worse......goodluck on that....and please keep us posted on your step-daughter...we will love to hear about her progress!
**Jai'Marie**

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story? I'll be 30 on July 1 (yikes!). I'm a news editor, a hiker and cyclist, good cook, and a reader. I'm getting married! To a beaut...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.