Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
waxing
chris0712 posted:
my 10 yr old is always being made fun of cause she has very dark hair over her lip. I've been bleaching it, but was wondering if there is a certain age to start getting it waxed?

An_221752 responded:
No, there is no specific age for waxing. Personally, I'd worry more about bleaching it seeing as there are many sugar-based (i.e. no chemicals) products out there.

momuv4girls responded:
I too agree that waxing is a good thing. You can purchase pretty good ones at the drug store and do it at home.

No need for your daughter to suffer with kids teasing her, I bet she'll be relieved.

Good job Mom !!
-Kathleen

Jaimarie_109 responded:
By her being ten, I dont think that its nothing wrong with getting it waxed.....she' sof age, and I understad that kids hate to picked on. hey we all went through it once or twice in our lives...so its not a big deal, but u as a mother, its your decision, and thats your daughter, so if its going to make the boht of you happy. go for it...I honestly dont think she' stoo young for the waxing.....its just waxing by the way if u do decide to get it done, please let your daughter know, it's the quickest pain she will ever go through, its so quick and pinful, thats its funny......yeah afterwards....lol
Keep us updated....hope I could help
***Jai'Marie***

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica. My boyfriend of 10 years and I are raising my son, Colton, 11, and his daughter, Courtney, 10, and we have a 3 month old son Xavie...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.