Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Tween Touching...Help!
msvyne posted:
My 11 yr old daughter confessed to me(in tears as she was dressing for church), that when I allowed her to go to a sleep over with 9 other little girls they played sexual 'dare' games like kissing each other,touching themselves etc. They dared' her to touch her self and she says she didn't even know what it meant to 'finger yourself' ( she said she just went behind the sofa for a min. then sat back down with the rest of the group). There was another little girl who didn't participate,(i wish she had followed her lead on that one). I always tried to teach her right from wrong,use her own judgment and not be pressured to do anything she doesn't want to . I also talk to her about life,and growing up (age appropriate). I'm glad she came to me. Whats the deal with these girls? Is this normal? She feels so guilty, how can I reassure her and me. Has anyone else dealt with this?

momuv4girls responded:
That's great your daughter came to you with this information, and I would talk to the other girls moms so they are aware of what is going on.

Personally, I don't think this is too out of whack for a sleep over with 10-girls - NO, it isn't right or normal, but I can see it happening, and would not let my daughter go to this type of event again -- Its just too many girls together at a pre-puberty age without constant supervision (which they obviously didn't have).

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it with your daughter, just reassure her and tell her you see how she would feel pressured to act along with the other girls because having 9-other girls egg you on is A LOT of pressure.
Sounds like you are doing a good job !!

(((((Hugs)))))
-Kathleen

msvyne replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thanks for another take on things

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.