Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Understanding one
fam1st posted:
I have read all the post and have to agree if you haven't been there it is hard to understand. I also have a stepson with some of the same issues. He lives with his mother and his step-dad. We get him every other weekend along with every other christmas and thanksgiving and 2 weeks in the summer. He poops his pants in school, the back yard (at his moms) and when he does use the toilet he doesn't wipe. He has ADHD and takes three pills a day. When he is at our house it does not happen as often but does happen and can be very frustrating. We spend a lot of time at the parks and such when he is with us and we usually have to leave because he poops himself and the other kids tease him because he stinks. I get frustrated because he has a younger brother and and a step brother and sister we cant enjoy outdoor activities without the accidents. I understand that there are some kids with medical conditions for this but he also has been tested and there is no medical condition for these occurences. All we want is what is best for him and we have talked to him and he will do good for a while then he goes right back to the habit.

momuv4girls responded:
Have you looked into encopresis ? Here is a link to explore:

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/conditions/encopresis.html

If all the proper workup has been done to rule out this problem, then second I would go for a psychological evaluation.
Children don't want to be different, don't want to smell and be teased, so he may be having psychological difficulties. Here is one more link for you:

http://aacap.org/page.ww?name=Problems With Soiling and Bowel Control&section=Facts for Families

Take care and keep searching for answers!!
((Hugs))
-Kathleen

Boyzmomee replied to momuv4girls's response:
Good advice.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.