Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    18 year old son pees and poops
    An_221762 posted:
    My 18 year old step son has adhd, bi-polar and urinary trouble. He refuses to take his medication. He is failing school and has no interest in working. My discouragement comes with my husband who enables him. He makes excuses for his controlling behavior. He is aggressive and is not disciplined by my husband when he disrespects him. Are there any other moms with this same issue? I need advise. My marriage is in jeopardy.
    momuv4girls responded:
    If your husband doesn't see that his son is struggling and not functioning well as an 18 y.o. adult, then I don't see what you can do as a step-parent.

    This is a tough spot for you to be in, and I would take a hard look at your marriage.

    It sounds like his Father needs to take a stand and tell this young man he needs to take his meds, he needs to go to his Dr. appointments and either enroll in college or get a job. His future is at stake, and for the father to turn a blind eye is really sad.

    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Anon,

    I am sorry to hear your family is struggling. It sounds like there are a few issues to overcome. Have you and your husband thought about counseling to talk about your concerns?

    In a quick search I found this article, Divorce More Likely in ADHD Families . Thought you may be interested.

    Hopefully others with similar experience will pop in to offer support.

    Please keep us posted,

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Jessica. My boyfriend of 10 years and I are raising my son, Colton, 11, and his daughter, Courtney, 10, and we have a 3 month old son Xavie...More

    Helpful Tips

    Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.