Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
12 year old with enlarged thyroid??
tryflin posted:
My 12 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with an enlarged thyroid, & she has also has gained about 9 lbs in the past few months....I cant find any information on pre teens with this condition,could anyone offer any information or a web site where I might can learn more about this?? Thank you very much,Im very concerned!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome tryflin,

I am sorry to hear about this. You may want to also post with our Parenting Community for possible expert response.

We also have a Thyroid Community which may be helpful.

And, in the meantime, you may be interested in this information -
Understanding Thyroid Problems .

Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.