Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    i need help with this
    mamm_mia46 posted:
    please help my step daughter is 14 yrs old and the past yr in a half she has been going through the an anarexia phase but the past month its been really bad. idk what to do except take her to the doctors and even then she lies to her doctor im just scared and she acts like its not a big deal when i know better. and she has been lying and stealing and she is failing school and she doesnt care no matter how we explain to her she cant be doing this she acts like she dont care. im afraid she is gonna do something stupid please help. she also gets an attitude if she gets in trouble or something doesnt go her way. please help
    phoenix31674 responded:
    You need to get her to a child psychologist who specializes in adolescents and eating disorders. She has asserting her individuality, but in a very destructive way. You may also want to be prepared for family counselling depending on what the psychologist finds so that all of you can learn coping skills.

    Best of luck to you.
    romay87 responded:
    I feel your pain When my daughter was 12 she was digianose with anorexia . You need to find a place that specialises in treating eating disorders. One of the top places in the country isin Tulsa ,Ok. Laureate psychiatric hospital. thay really know their stuff there. there are also others around the country Remuda ranch is one. Your daughter right now isn't in control the eating disorder is. the sooner you get her specialised help the better the prognosis. I also recommend the website something for more resources. My daufghter is now 18 and doing wonderful. She only struggles a small part of the time. I'm sorry you are joining the club none of us wanted to be in. the road is long at times a bumpy but recovery is possible.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.