Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Crazy increased appetite
TBurks1168 posted:
My 14 y/o son eats CONSTANTLY like he hasn't eaten a meal in months. He is incredibly thin, and hasn't gained a pound since last year. My husband questioned if he has a tapeworm! Does anyone else have the same concern? Do we need to have him tested? He looks terrible.

Yellowgirl28 responded:
My 12 year old daughter went through the same thing only she did not look terrible. She was actually going through a growth spurt. Everytime we looked around she was eating. After about 6 months or so she went back to normal and gained only 5lbs. However, if your son is looking terrible, you may want to see a doctor. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.