Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
sex
An_242260 posted:
my 14 teen year old grand daughter is taking pic (nude) and sending them over the net. what can i do to stop this? i have grounded her from all phone and internet., but as soon as she gets them back she is at it again. help

mommycdg responded:
Sit her down, and explain to her how it makes her look to other people. That guys manipulate and use girls that are young and naive, but it really does not make them like her more. From experience I can tell you that whenever my parents took my phone and computer away it just made me even more mad and made me want to act out more. The girls that I graduated with still to this day can never live down the pictures that they sent out...just approach it a different way then just taking things away.

g_ma1955 replied to mommycdg's response:
have explained to her and had other young men tell that it makes her look bad. i even tryed to explain to her that it is breaking the law, and that she could go to jail. her answer to this i dont care what other people think. and she said she will not have to go to jail her dad will.

fcl replied to g_ma1955's response:
How about explaining that things put on the Internet never disappear. Imagine she was being interviewed for the dream job of her life and her future boss somehow got hold of those photos ...

Is she aware that the people receiving the photos are breaking the law?

So she says she doesn't care what other peole think and that she believes she is immune from the law ... Have you asked her why exactly she is doing it?

searching_parent responded:
It's incredibly stupid - after she break up with that guy, all country will see her naked. Share with her some articles about Internet safety like this one:
http://www.commonsensemedia.org/advice-for-parents/protecting-personal-privacy-online

And if you're worried instead of banning her from Internet try to monitor her delicately. Good article about:
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/teen-abuse-cough-medicine-9/monitoring-teens-online

Free & simple filtering software: www.care4teen.com , also some paid ones: McAffee protection f.e.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story? I'll be 30 on July 1 (yikes!). I'm a news editor, a hiker and cyclist, good cook, and a reader. I'm getting married! To a beaut...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.