Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    My teen's knee injury
    scchha12 posted:
    My 14 year old daughter was doing a cheerleading dance that required her to do a fall in the beginning. Well, her coach didn't teach them a safe way to fall without getting injured. Her knee has been swollen and she gets bruises that show up at random times and places on her knee. She has had an X-ray and a MRI that I was told looked fine. However, her orthopedic dr said that she needs to go for physical therapy. I asked him about the bruising and swelling which he tells me that the swelling is from the bad trauma and the bruising is the blood coming to the surface. This is still going on and it happened December 8. I have medical background but I don't feel like I am getting the whole story because she has to wear a brace also. My husband has the factor v liden bleeding disorder, I tried to call the dr to get the blood work done but she won't be in until Monday. Can anyone please let me know what options I have and if anyone is familiar with the factor v disorder, could this be responsible for her bruising? The color of her bruises are still very dark and don't look like there's any healing or lightening in color and I'm really concerned about all of it. Please help.
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    For anyone following this discussion see response on our Parenting Community .


    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am Olivia, and I am a moderator here at WebMD. I am also the mother of a 19-year-old college freshman, a 16-year-old high school junior, and a 12-ye...More

    Helpful Tips

    Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.