Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
My teen's knee injury
scchha12 posted:
My 14 year old daughter was doing a cheerleading dance that required her to do a fall in the beginning. Well, her coach didn't teach them a safe way to fall without getting injured. Her knee has been swollen and she gets bruises that show up at random times and places on her knee. She has had an X-ray and a MRI that I was told looked fine. However, her orthopedic dr said that she needs to go for physical therapy. I asked him about the bruising and swelling which he tells me that the swelling is from the bad trauma and the bruising is the blood coming to the surface. This is still going on and it happened December 8. I have medical background but I don't feel like I am getting the whole story because she has to wear a brace also. My husband has the factor v liden bleeding disorder, I tried to call the dr to get the blood work done but she won't be in until Monday. Can anyone please let me know what options I have and if anyone is familiar with the factor v disorder, could this be responsible for her bruising? The color of her bruises are still very dark and don't look like there's any healing or lightening in color and I'm really concerned about all of it. Please help.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
For anyone following this discussion see response on our Parenting Community .

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. That means I have survived...More

Helpful Tips

Hair
Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.