Skip to content


Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Mean girl shrilling
bertomax posted:
My 12 year old step daughter is incredibly cruel and disrespectful to me aand her mother. She'll shrill everytime she talks to us. It causes her mom to shrill back. When you try to talk to her she refuses to listen.
I suggested some counseling but her mother objects.
Am I doomed to a shrill fest here?
fcl responded:
momuv4girls responded:
I think a good psychologist is in order to sort out the problems and help with coping skills and understanding.

If your wife objects, then I'd move out. is too short - - and this is HER daughter, if she doesn't want to seek help to give everyone a better quality of life, then you've got no power.

Take care,
bertomax responded:
No you are not doomed to a shrill fest. You are more than welcome to walk out the door at anytime. I know you and your wife have had this discussion many times. She was not like this before you drug her and her mother through a 1500 mile move and then screwed them both over by cheating with a pyschopath who then stalked and threatened them. I'm just saying
tothebeach4 replied to bertomax's response:
Wait... I'm confused. Aren't you the original poster? Is there something I'm missing?
An_241965 replied to tothebeach4's response:
I'm confused as well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Helpful Tips

Don't battle over hair-it will grow out or get cut eventually. Save the battles for the big issues. More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.