Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
preteen changes and challenges
rmc1021 posted:
my son is 12 just started middle school, he wont talk to me about sex , I guess he is embarrased, there was an incident on the bus ,all the kids were haywire and he grabbed one of the girls head and pushed it towards his private area, anyway he was suspendd for a week, all the kids are talking about sex but he wont talk to me, also he has been real mouthy and defiant, Please I need some suggestions, i know he is going thru alot of changes and want to be supportive, but his mouth is also getting him in trouble in school

Take the Poll

need suggestion on dealing with pretten and the changes they deal with
  • videos
  • books
  • suggestions
  • websites
vote
View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome rmc1021 -

Tween boys are going through many changes and now is the time for them to understand how words and actions can impact how others view them.

If a weeks suspension has not made an impression, it may be time to talk with his pediatrician or school counselor to open up a dialog. Also, show him our Teen Boys' Health Center, it will give him a chance to surf around and look up information on his own.

Challenge him to take this quiz-
Teen Guys Quiz: Test Your Puberty IQ

Here are a few other resources to get conversations started -
What Your Teen Isn't Telling You
Talking to Your Kids About Sex
Talking to Teens About Sex - Directory

Let us know if this is helpful,
Elizabeth

RubyClaire responded:
No need to think, some guys feel awkward to talk about Sex but they like to do it. Your son is clever enough DONT WORRY.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story? I'll be 30 on July 1 (yikes!). I'm a news editor, a hiker and cyclist, good cook, and a reader. I'm getting married! To a beaut...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.