Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    preteen changes and challenges
    rmc1021 posted:
    my son is 12 just started middle school, he wont talk to me about sex , I guess he is embarrased, there was an incident on the bus ,all the kids were haywire and he grabbed one of the girls head and pushed it towards his private area, anyway he was suspendd for a week, all the kids are talking about sex but he wont talk to me, also he has been real mouthy and defiant, Please I need some suggestions, i know he is going thru alot of changes and want to be supportive, but his mouth is also getting him in trouble in school

Take the Poll

need suggestion on dealing with pretten and the changes they deal with
    • videos
    • books
    • suggestions
    • websites
    vote
    View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi and Welcome rmc1021 -

Tween boys are going through many changes and now is the time for them to understand how words and actions can impact how others view them.

If a weeks suspension has not made an impression, it may be time to talk with his pediatrician or school counselor to open up a dialog. Also, show him our Teen Boys' Health Center, it will give him a chance to surf around and look up information on his own.

Challenge him to take this quiz-
    Teen Guys Quiz: Test Your Puberty IQ

Here are a few other resources to get conversations started -
    What Your Teen Isn't Telling You
    Talking to Your Kids About Sex
    Talking to Teens About Sex - Directory

Let us know if this is helpful,
    Elizabeth

RubyClaire responded:
    No need to think, some guys feel awkward to talk about Sex but they like to do it. Your son is clever enough DONT WORRY.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.