Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

    Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

    Teen Boys' Health
    Teen Girls' Health
    Teen Health Center
    Teenage pathalogical liar
    tangerinalou posted:
    I'm at the end of this I don't no how to help my 15 year old stepdaughter. She came to live with her Dad and our kids last fall and well we are now seperated. She now admits she had every intention of splitting us up and he now sees that but, I don't know what to do she has hurt our kids and I need to protect them.I feel bad because she has never had a family and wanted it but once she got it did not know how to treat it. I love him and her but need to protect my kids. Does anyone have any advice? I'm not sure what to do......
    Anon_3114 responded:
    Have her see a therapist, or perhaps be open to family counseling. Even from your brief post, it sounds like she's had a rough life, and seeing someone who can give her professional advice and solace might help her.

    How is your relationship with her? How has she hurt your kids?

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. That means I have survived...More

    Helpful Tips

    Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
    See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    18 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.