Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
preteens and fever
LOVINGMOM13 posted:
For the past three months my 13 year old son has been sick. It started with high fever 102, to 104. after 3 visits to the dr and to ER he was diagnosed with pnumonia. Two rounds of z pacs and many sleepless nights the dr said his xrays were clear. Since the pnumonia he continues to get high fevers 102, 103. He only stays well 2 or 3 days at a time. I take him to the Dr. regularly. I tell them somthing is not right. I make sure he eats veggies and fruit, drinks water. I was told by the Dr that it is normal for preteens to have high fevers for no reason. This did not sit right with me. Has any one eles been told or know this to be true? I am not sure how worried I should be.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Lovingmom13 and Welcome,

I am sorry to hear he had pneumonia and continuing to have fevers. Is he having other symptoms with the fevers? Does he feel ill?

Here are a couple of resources that may be helpful -
Fever Facts
Fever Directory

Let us know how he is doing and see if we can help,
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have two adopted children from Korea. The first is a boy of 17 and the younger is a girl of 15. Both are fairly intelligent but my so...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.