Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
My 13 year old daughter has been having Hypoglycemic issues but she's not diabetic.
jyounger posted:
My 13 year old daughter is very athletic but March 2012 she started getting weak, shaky, extreme headache and nauseous after she participated in a track meet or P.E. It happened once in the first week of March and 3 times in the first week of May. She hasn't started her period yet. I'm hoping that's what the problem is but has anyone else's child had this experience?

fcl responded:
This is probably due to her eating habits. It might be worthwhile reviewing what she's eating before she runs/exercises/etc. She might be worrying about her weight and started eating less ... If she hasn't cut back, try to increase the carbs in the meal before she runs.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.