Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
What do I do??
An_245940 posted:
This past weekend my 7 year old daughter went to an overnight camping trip and I was informed about an inncident that happened. My daughter was found kissing another girl and then she was touching the other girl in private areas. After long discussions with my daughter she admitted to everything. I have remained calm and supportive for my daughters sake but I am lost of what to do.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

I am sure having this conversation with your daughter was very difficult and I applaud you for remaining calm.

I hope keeping the lines of communication open, keeping an open and honest relationship will make her feel comfortable coming to you to discuss her feelings.

Just wanted to clarify - Is your daughter 7 or 17?

Here are a couple of resources that may spark more conversation and communication -
Talking to Your Child About Sex
LGBT Teens and Stress

Please keep us posted on how you both are doing,
Elizabeth

meeka123 responded:
I think you should talk to your girl first. Don't judge her just because of the "facts" you/ others saw. Ask her what is the reason she did this and be supportive would be a better way to deal with this situation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 45 DH(34) I have 2 sons from a previous marriage ages 20 and 16 and...drumroll please... 2 more sons ages 6 and 2. Needless to say I have earned ...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.