Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
week long fever
keeeth posted:
My 12 year old son was fine all day last week on Weds. until the evening when he got up to go to the kitchen and almost pasted right out on the floor, I took him to the couch and asked whats going on and he started to cry holding his head saying he had a headache. I took his temp and he was 102.5 and gave him some tyenol and put him to bed, I went up 1/2 hour later to see if his fever came down and it was 103.1 I then cool clothed him and checked it again in another 1/2 hour and it peeked at 104. I stayed up with him all that night and by morning it was back down to atleast 101-102 the fever stayed off and on till Sunday morning going as low as 101 and as high as 103 but still nothing else but headache, tired and 1 day of a runny nose. He went to school Mon., Tues. and today Weds. but came home today complaining of a headache and being realy tired and again now 101. The only other thing I can think of is no he hasn't eaten alot this week but still has eaten. Please Help, Thank you

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi keeeth -

It's been a couple of days and I hope you have contacted his doctor and found out what's going on.

This resource about fevers may be helpful - Fever Facts

How is he doing now?

Keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.