Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Teen "Sexting" More Common Than Thought
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Start a discussion with your teens and preteens tonight -

"Has anyone asked you to text them a picture of you?"
"What kind of picture?"
"Has anyone asked you to text them a naked or posed picture?"
"Have your friends been asked for pictures?"
"Do you know the consequences of sexting?"
"How would you feel if your teacher, grandparent, clergy saw a text picture of you?"

Teen "Sexting" More Common Than Thought

This new research shows more than 1 in 4, or 28% admitted they had sent a naked picture of themselves through text or email. If they had sent a naked photo, they were also more likely to be sexually active.

What are your thoughts?

Elizabeth

jd1000 responded:
think it is sad for sure hopefully parents do talk to there kids eaabout this so it can stop. i mean kids and teens should not be posting nude pics of themselfs online or to there friends etc. it is just wrong and it is sad for sure. teach them to save themselfs for the person they fall in love with it is like what happen to the days where you just where naked at bath time or sleeping or having sex with your husband/wife etc. it is like all kids have to do is turn tv on and all they see is sexual stuff

Lolita72 replied to jd1000's response:
I discovered the other day that there is an app call kik , they say: kik me, and that means to exchange nude pics! I dont know how am i going to control all this. I havent had that problem yet,but i see it coming.

An_248155 replied to Lolita72's response:
While a teen could use Kik for that, I just feel like I need to point out that is not all Kik is used for, and "kik me" doesn't mean send me a naked picture anymore than "text me" means send me a dirty message....

An_249414 replied to Lolita72's response:
I am a Kik user and no "kik me" definitely does not mean send me nude pics. It is saying text me. Kik is not just used for sending nudes also. I use it to talk to friends and family members that live across seas and in different states. It would be just like using FaceBook messenger.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2005 I moved from my hometown to live 4,000 miles away with my new husband and growing family. I brought my two boys, now ages 9 and 12. My step-so...More

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.