Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Hallucinations in an otherwise healthy 10-year-old?
An_247237 posted:
My 10-year-old is complaining of occasional hallucinations. She seems otherwise healthy...well behaved, good grades, gifted classes at school. The hallucinations are quick, like a pink squirrel that is there for a second and then not there when she blinks. I thought they were just floaters, but one she described to me today was quite detailed. The other day she described to me her eye briefly twitching. Not sure what to make of this.

Bagheera1964 responded:
What did you find out? My 10-year-old son said to me today, "Why do I sometimes see things that aren't there?" He said he saw a police car for just a second as we turned the corner, but that it wasn't there a moment later. I asked him if this happened frequently. He said that it happens occasionally where he sees things that aren't there for a moment and then they are gone. Please let me know if you found out anything concerning your child. Thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have two adopted children from Korea. The first is a boy of 17 and the younger is a girl of 15. Both are fairly intelligent but my so...More

Helpful Tips

Teen Dating Rules
How do you handle (or plan to handle) dating in your teens and tweens? Do you have rules as to what age they can go out on one on one ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.