Skip to content

Announcements

Parents of Tweens and Teens - Welcome to your home!

Bundles of hormones, emotions, and insecurities. Rebellion, dating, school problems, peer and societal pressures, its our job to see these kids to adulthood. Get the support you need here!

Teen Boys' Health
Teen Girls' Health
Teen Health Center
Mothers advice :)
An_247279 posted:
My daughter is turning 10yrs. old in 6 days. For the last year now she has had severe mood swings, migrane headaches, breast growth, and some cramping. I know this all falls under pre menstrual; however, how can we deal with these emotional outburst? She goes from laughing to severe depression. She complains daily of bad headaches. She yells at everyone and doesn't seem to be as compassionate at all anymore towards her father and I and her siblings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!

gardensparrow responded:
Hi there~

Well, I can totally sympathize with your struggles in knowing how to handle your daughter lately. The tween years are not easy and with all the changes going on in our kids' bodies their emotions can be all over the place! But, on the bright side, at least it's good to know this time doesn't last forever!

However, it's totally understandable you're looking for some strategies in knowing how to deal with your daughter's behavior. So, first of all, have you talked this over with her doctor? I'm sure he or she has addressed this issue with other parents and might have some advice to offer you.

Also, there's a lot of great material out there for parenting pre-teens. For instance, I know from working at Focus on the Family that a lot of parents have found the Preparing for Adolescence material helpful (you can check out some information on it at bit.ly/Px5Btm if you're interested).

I've also heard good things about a book called Suddenly They're Thirteen by David and Claudia Arp. I know your daughter isn't at that age yet, but this talks about some of the crazy mood changes that pre-teen girls can have. So, might be worth checking out.

Well, I hope some of this material is helpful. I'll be praying for you!

jd1000 responded:
just keep commucation open and know that when she says bad things she dont really mean it and just pray and talk with god and let nature take its course

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Helpful Tips

Signs of Early Puberty in Girls
See your doctor if your daughter shows signs of puberty like breast development, pubic or underarm hair development, rapid height growth, ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.