Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
Involuntary legs and arm movements
Jexxica23 posted:
Hi my name is Jessica and I had a stomach virus 3 weeks ago it started with eye pulsation and the pulsation/shaking spread to my nose. Them it started on my legs but it has turned into a slight movement of my legs and sometimes arm that it feels like a small twitch but not really it sort of tics a lil bit I went to a neurologist and he said there was nothing wrong that It can be because of the stomach virus I had or die to stress it the only thing I'm stressing is this leg situation idk what to do to make my legs stop and I forgot to mention I feel it the most when I'm sitting relaxing my legs can someone please help I'm getting very worried and I hope it don't get worst .any suggestions please?

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Hi, Jexxica23
I do not think you have symptoms of Parkinson's Disease. I do not know if you are stressed, but you do have a right to be worried. I am sorry that I cannot give you any definitive answers, but do want you to know that sometimes these "twitchy-like symptoms" can occur with a viral or bacterial illness (the fancy word is "myoclonus") and they almost always resolve within several weeks. I would give this some time, and if not better, return to the neurologist.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jexxica23,

I'm sorry you are facing this! Your neurologist suggested that some of your symptoms might be due to stress. If so, you should address your anxiety and worry ASAP. This is one of my favorite WebMD articles with easy-to-use tools: Blissing Out: 10 Relaxation Techniques To Reduce Stress On-the-Spot.

Our Health & Balance Guide is another good place to look if you are interested in stress reduction and life balance.

Best of luck to you - please keep us updated!

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center