Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
what to do when the doctor can not figure out what is wrong with you.
An_247893 posted:
For the past week, I have ran a fever, had joint pain in the knees, foot, and back. Blood test shows inflamation. Every day I have a new pain. does anyone have any suggestions.

worn1 responded:
an 247893
If your doctor has not explained and you have not asked what he means by inflamation you need to ask. inflamataion can cover a large range of medical problems. If you have asked and he can not or will not explain find another doctor. If he/she can not tell you what is wrong it is time for a second opinion.
When asking the doctor what he means when he says inflamation make sure you understand what he tells you. Have the doctor explain the lab tests he is ordering on you. What are they for. If he orders xrays ask what is he looking for. In a nut shell. ask questions and make a list before you go. Make a list of symptons- when they started, what you were doing,contact with wild life,ticks, insect bites foods you react to.
Family health problems..
Do not allow the doctor or his assistant to push you out the door until you understand what he/she is telling you. Take notes--have some one go with you. they come up with questions. maybe they can help with information. Most important what does the doctor prescribe for treatment. again make sure you understand what to do. meds side affects, how to take and dose. Be persistent. Do not give up until you find out what is wrong.
Sorry I could not be more helpful
w
There are none so blind as those that will not see

An_247893 replied to worn1's response:
Thank you for your response. My MPV level has be high, for the past week. The doctor thinks that I may have lymine disease. However, I do not believe that, but the test should be in this Thursday. He does not know what is creating my problems, so he is testing me for different things. My chest xrays came out great. A scan of my stomach was fine.

worn1 replied to An_247893's response:
Did your doctor explain what MPV stands for and what is measures and why it could be high? Do you have bruises? Is sthat the only abnormal result on your Complete blood count (CBC)? If your Dr. Did not explain what this test is please ask. Please keep us unformed. I know this is a Parkinsons blog but I am concerned.

worn1 responded:
Haylene
Any communities that would be of help?
w

Helpful Tips

Vehicle for the Mobility Challenged
My husband has PD and was having a difficult time getting into and out of my Hyundai Elantra. Both because of the limited space between the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center