Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    My husband has all the symptoms of Pd but his neurologist blames it all on his stroke
    KristenC posted:
    My husbands PT asked if he might have Parkinsons. In reading this information he has almost every symptom. Our Neurologist is a movement specialist and he blames the stroke and says it is getting worse? Is there a test that we could have done? I have 2 friends with Parkinsons and he looks just like them. I am very frustrated.
    Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
    Dear KristenC,
    I think these are important questions for his neurologist. However, a DaTSCAN may be very helpful in distinguishing stroke from Parkinson's Disease. A positive scan would almost confirm PD, while a negative scan would suggest your husband's symptoms are from something else - perhaps a stroke. (An MRI of the brain should identify an area of the brain that has undergone a stroke)

    Helpful Tips

    doctor/patient experience with rytary
    Hi- I am a cc physician who was diagnosed 6 years ago at age 41--I have not had tremor or dyskinesia but certainly have significant off ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center