Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Head trauma and Parkinson's
    An_249365 posted:
    My husband was diagnosed with PD in May of 2009. At the time, the only symptom he had was a tremor in his right hand. He had major back surgery in October and November of that year. Had problems with the second back surgery and was in a state of confusion and suffered hallucinations for eleven days after the surgery. He finally came out of the confusion and was okay until he took a fall in February of 2011. Once again he went into a state of confusion that lasted 2-1/2 weeks but finally recovered from that. Last week he had a very serious fall which fractured some of the bones in the forehead - but not enough to require surgery. He has once again gone into a state of confusion. So far it has been a week. This time seems to be worse. He does not seem to know who I am and is constantly talking. I think he is imagining things that he thinks are real and is talking to people. Do you think he will recover from this trauma and state of confusion or is it possible that it will be permanent?

    Helpful Tips

    What would you like to know?Expert
    Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    22 of 32 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center