Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Head trauma and Parkinson's
An_249365 posted:
My husband was diagnosed with PD in May of 2009. At the time, the only symptom he had was a tremor in his right hand. He had major back surgery in October and November of that year. Had problems with the second back surgery and was in a state of confusion and suffered hallucinations for eleven days after the surgery. He finally came out of the confusion and was okay until he took a fall in February of 2011. Once again he went into a state of confusion that lasted 2-1/2 weeks but finally recovered from that. Last week he had a very serious fall which fractured some of the bones in the forehead - but not enough to require surgery. He has once again gone into a state of confusion. So far it has been a week. This time seems to be worse. He does not seem to know who I am and is constantly talking. I think he is imagining things that he thinks are real and is talking to people. Do you think he will recover from this trauma and state of confusion or is it possible that it will be permanent?

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center