Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
Internal Tremor
blessijr posted:
I was diagnosed with PD over 2 years ago. I rarely have a visible tremor, but I experience an internal, non-visible shaking, especially when at rest. It is hard to describe to others, but it has a steady, distinct frequency. What causes this?

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Dear blessijr,
Internal tremor is a fairly common observation in people with PD. Some notice it more when they are anxious or as their medications are wearing off. If it is highly distressing, talk with your doctor about adjusting your PD medications, or perhaps taking a mild medication for anxiety (lorazepam or clonazepam are sometimes used for this)

blessijr replied to Mark A Stacy, MD's response:
Thank you. My neurologist has me on Clonazepam to deal with sleep initiation problems.

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center