Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Questions on this disease. I am a wife of a husband with it.
Jeannie1955 posted:
Could I ask if there are any Parkinsons patients out there with these symptoms?
First of all my husband is early 60's ,has Parkinsons, one of the things that is going on is that he seems to have a urinary problem that makes him go many times a night.But he will get up and sometims fall, or do things like walk into places , like the wall!? if he does not use his light.He will often now, get up to go,do things like walk into a corner when not using light, but seems to not realize he is at a wall trying to go through it, like last night.keeps trying to go through it and not realize what he is doing? like when I asked him after that woke me up, what he was doing , and he said , not in the bathroom, but into a corner of the bedroom, he said, trying to pee! Like not even knowing where he was. Is this anything anyone is having too? Is it part of the Parkinsons? or what? I can't seem to get the answers I need to do the things I need to do for all theses things, which become safety issues! ty so much for your help

Take the Poll

what is a poll question?
  • please gi ve answer .
  • what is it?
vote
View Poll Results

uptight1999 responded:
My husband has experienced such problems, but I attribute it to his sleep disorder or his "walking in his sleep." Has your husband been diagnosed with sleep apnea, or other sleep disorders? If not, you might mention this to your doctor. You also might consider a bedside commode.

rebels78 responded:
My family member just turned 50 and has PD. He has peed in a basket of clean clothes during the middle of the night as well as other places and doesn't remember any on it. I don't know if it's a side effect of the meds or if it has something to do with PD. God Bless both of you.

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center