Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
DVT's
Anon_157363 posted:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light about DVT's and Parkinsons,If they are or could be related some how. I have had three DVT's in less then two years One in each arm and now one in the leg. I have had blood work ups and a blood clot study done and all the doctors have told me is that I have an unsuually high Calcium level in my blood but everything else is WNL....I think that something is being overlooked here and something has to be causeing this to happen. My V-D is good,My cholesterol is good, I'm not over weight,I stay active,Im not Diabetic,Can the High calcium levels in the blood be causing this? Is there A condition thats causing that high level? Is there something that they should be looking for Outside of the tests that they already have done?

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center