Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Skin related issues with Parkinson's
dneu757 posted:
Hello, can anyone recall whether they had any skin related issues before they knew they had Parkinson's disease?

On occasion, I have tremors in my left hand and some involuntary leg and arm jerks, however, I have had a skin condition that has been getting worse over the last couple of years. I believe it is plaque Psoriasis.

I've wondered whether there is a link with my skin condition and Parkinson's disease.

I welcome your comments!

El1zabeth1 responded:
dranduff so severe it like cradle cap. red raw spots on fore head are some of the issues I have dealt with. Tar shampoo has helped as has Cetaphil cleanser to clean face. it is a continuing problem.

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center