Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
Cognitive Fog
mattcityy posted:
Lately, I have been experiencing what might describe as "cognitive fog". I started to become extremely stressed. But after a while it started to get better. I would get really bad headaches, and I wouldn't go to sleep. I felt like I was living in a dream. All of that has gone away except for this new thing that is happening with my brain. I feel really different, and emotionless. The back of my brain seems to hurt a lot, and there's pressure on it. I'm not doing well in school, and I seem to not have a memory anymore. I would think of something but I would forget it after a while. I forget what happened yesterday, it's all unclear. When I try to think my brain has a lot of pressure on it. My muscles are starting to tense up, and my neck is sore. I haven't been social lately either. I can't talk people anymore because I have nothing to say to them. My brain doesn't come up with things to say, and I have loss of words. My speech seems to be getting worse. This is bothering me. It takes me a while for me to think of something. I can't memorize anything anymore. I usually forget it. All the thoughts in my head don't make sense. If i try to explain something, it would not make sense. I just feel something is wrong with my brain and that I can't be happy anymore. I've lost all my motivation to do anything, and I really want this to end.

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Dear mattcityy
I am sorry you are having so many problems. It seem like stress is an issue. I would suggest you see a doctor and talk about these.

I do not think you have parkinson's disease

mattcityy replied to Mark A Stacy, MD's response:
yeah it seems likeI have been stressed, and I get a lot of migraines now and I don't have an appetite.

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center