Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
Parkinsons related stomach pain
sonwithquestions posted:
My mom was diagnosed with PD and has experienced ongoing constipation and stomach 'tightening'. Are there suggestions for relieving the stomach pain not related to constipation that is better than Maalox? I would like to ask her PCP and gastroenterologist about any suggestions.

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Dear sonwithquestions,
I agree with an evaluation from her doctors. She may find that PD medication will help these symptoms. I also would suggest increasing her fluid intake - by at least two 8 oz glasses of water per day

lovedogs1955 responded:
I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome in addition fo the Parkinson's. My GI doctor put me on RX strength Miralax daily and it is helping VERY much. Be sure she is getting enough fiber through food as possible as well as the fluids.

sonwithquestions replied to Mark A Stacy, MD's response:
Thanks. This has been helpful!

sonwithquestions replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Thanks. This has been helpful.

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center