Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
early onset parkingson's
Nicholas1993 posted:
I am 20 year old just diagnosed with early onset parkinson's I feel alone and I have different symptoms all the time except on that never changes my right hand is like a motor boat it never stops.
I sometimes get a twitch in my trunk to where I look like I'm wobbling well I am wobbling.
I wake up stiff every morning my nuerologist doesn't want to start me on meds yet he said more side effects starting the meds at my age than not.
But I won't leave my house looking like this I hate it I live in boerne near San Antonio and there are no young people support groups near bye..
if anyone knows of any or anyone I can talk to
I'm to young to have this...

njladyluck responded:
Hi Nicholas, I have PD support groups in my area but I have a long commute to/from work and they are either during the day time or early in the evening. I come onto this site and read the information and I also go to Daily Strength Parkinson Disease site. The Daily Strength site has a lot more interaction in the form of journals, private message ability and on-line chats. I have learned so much from Daily Strength and this WebMD. I know there are other support group sites for PD just look on the web. These sites are a great way to compare what is going on with my disease. The only time I have met another person (in-person) with PD is when I was in my home town on vacation and went with my sister-in-law to a chair exercise class and a man there had it. We just stared at each other. LOL!!!! You are young and you might be able to ask the medical facility in your area if they will help you setup a Young Onset PD Support Group. I know there are quite a few of the people on Daily Strength who belong to face-to-face support groups. I am sure that there are others like you where you are and you will be very successful in your endeavor!!!!

worn1 responded:
Nicholas 1993
I can not even begin to know how you feel. I am going to do a little research and see if I can locate a support group in your area of Texas. I have sent one email and left a message on face book. Do you have any specific questions that we may be able to answer?
w
There are none so blind as those that will not see

worn1 replied to worn1's response:
I did get one response.
try www.aapsg.org

worn1 replied to worn1's response:
Nicholas1993
I recieved an Email asking if you had registered for for the symposium this saturday and if you had seen any of the information. www.aapsg.org is reaching out to you. I checked it out and it looks like a good group. Please check it out.
Jo H

Helpful Tips

Vehicle for the Mobility Challenged
My husband has PD and was having a difficult time getting into and out of my Hyundai Elantra. Both because of the limited space between the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center