Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Includes Expert Content
confusion and time disorientation
Kozzy posted:
My sister is 55 and has parkinsons, occasionally we see her getting her time framed messed up, things that have happened in the past, she thinks happened today, confusion, yesterday was a great day for her and then last nite she was completely confused, almost like sundowners that you would see in hospital pt. any ideas of what this could be? We just kept her safe and watched her. I dont know what to do. She will hopefully be getting her brain stimulator next month, will this side effect stop? Anybody has any ideas, please let me know.....Thanks

DUKE MEDICINE
Mark A Stacy, MD responded:
Dear Kozzy
There seems to be a lot going on here. I would suspect she does have the surgery in the back of her mind, and that is a reasonable worry. She may also be on a lot of medication. Hopefully, this may be reduced after her surgery.

I would also check her blood pressure sitting and standing, and suspect she will need to increase her fluid intake. That may help her stamina, and keep her from the cycle of good day followed by bad

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 81 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center