Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
85 yr old mother with Parkinson Disease
sl52 posted:
Hi Dr. Stacy,

I have written to you in the past about my mom. She has PD about 8 yrs, Are there different stages of PD, and what are they. My mom can't stand for very long and freezes a lot when she does walk. She has a lot of back pain and leg spasms, and just lately she has a lot of mucus and has developed a cough, is this common in PD patients.

Thank you,

Sandy

monroe63 responded:
My Doctor told me that there are five different stages. I'm not sure what the symptoms of each stage are

sl52 replied to monroe63's response:
Thank you monroe63 for replying, I'm probably going to set up an earlier app't with my mom's neurologist to see if I can get a definitive answer and find out what stage my mom is in.

wasap responded:
Hi Sandy, my 78 year old dad has PD. He has the back and leg pain and has begun to aspirate liquids. But lately he has a lot of mucus. DId you find out what is causing your mom's mucus.
Thanks

sl52 replied to wasap's response:
Hi wasap,

I haven't asked her dr, about the mucus, but when she has her next appointment, I will.

Thanks for replying.

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center