Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
voices
worn1 posted:
I had a strange thing happen last night. I was in a deep sleep when I thought I heard a male with a deep loud voice say Jo wake up. It scared the heck out of me as it was not a voice i recognized. The dogs and my husband continued to sleep so I realized it must have been my imagination. How common is this and what causes it. This is not the first time this has happened.

w
There are none so blind as those that will not see

njladyluck responded:
Hi Worn. I think it is a vivid dream. I have vivid dreams all of the time!!! I just started on the neuro patch 2 mg and it seems that my vivid dreams are not as bad since beginning the patch. I have good vivid dreams and bad vivid dreams LOL I used to wake my husband up all of the time by screaming, laughing, yelling. I scream really loud with these dreams. My husband woke me up one night and he wanted to know who I was kissing because he said I was going to town. I remembered my dream and I wasn't kissing, I was eating a delicious dessert. LOL I told him that, but I don't think he believed me. Like I said though, since starting on the patch they seem to be not so vivid - I don't know if the patch has anything to do with it or its just a coincidence.

worn1 replied to njladyluck's response:
Evening njladyluck
To be honest with you if I had been by myself I would have hit the panic alarm on the security system. It was as if some one was in the room waking me up. I think I understand people who say someone told them to do it. It is like some one is there but you can not see them.
w
There are none so blind as those that will not see

lovedogs1955 replied to worn1's response:
Man, I'm with you worn1 one! Yikes!!

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center