Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
16 months and still no answeres
shelbylaynesmom posted:
Hell, my toes on my left side began moving involuntaty, also my left arm feels strange,,i noticed the other day my foot was hurting like it was being squeezed my hand felt the same way,Weird. This has been going on for 16 months now,,my right foot [toes> are beginning to move now,,fingers quiver some and jerk,small amount.I feel pulling in my legs,,i feel like i just want my toes and finger s to just drawn up and stay that way,I never feel good anymore,,i always feel bad .My balance is getting bad,i can be standing still and just stumble like a drunk.I do feel dizzy alot...i have type 2 diabetes for about 2 years, im female just turned 51,All of my test have came back fine ,,emg, mri's spinal tap blood work.I did have a Dr, on one of these sites say i could have a mild tremor predominant Parkinsons disease.I have asked my Neurologist about MS and they did rule that out.Do Dr, sometimes think maybe she has something wrong but just dont want to mention it yet? Thanks, i hope you can help me!

lovedogs1955 responded:
Hi there! I totally understand your frustration! I complained of weird things for several years that didn't seem to be tied together or even make sense...but I kept reporting them. I already knew I have peripheral neuropathy from chemotherapy, so was under the care of a neurologist already. He didn't seem to think I have PD, but his associate actully put things together FINALLY. She observed me walking and then asked me to write a sentence. Asked me if my handwriting has always been that small, and I said no. She told me right then that she was pretty sure I have PD, but wanted me to be evaluated at a big Movement Disorder clinic at a large University. Parkinson's was confirmed there.

Don't give up! Keep talking until someone pays attention to you! Get second opinions (and even 3rd opinions if you can).

shelbylaynesmom replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Thanks for your reply!! I am very frustrated,after all this time no dx and i've have paid out at least 4 to 5 thousand dollars for Dr, bills and test.I have dx myself with peripheral neuropathy also!! LOL!! I started going to a Neurologist and he sent me to A movement disorder Neurologist at Vanderbilt. Im taking Requip xl 4mg soon to be on 8 mg.Can't tell its working, My handwriting seems to be fine,,my walking is alittle off but not all the time.She has asked me to walk before and of course i did fine. Anyway,,,so glad you got answers,,hope everything is going well for you.Thanks

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center