Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
extreme leg pain
fdifulvio posted:
My wife is 81 years of age and has Parkinsons since 2006. She has had the severe pain in her legs daily 24/7 and it seems to get worse as time goes on. We have tried just about every medication to no avail. the only relief she gets is from the Sinemet 25/100 for about two hours then the pain returns and this continues throughout the day and night.Is there anyone that knows of a medication that can control this pain. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

njladyluck responded:
It could be the dysatonias. If so, she would need an adjustment in her medication. I know the agnostics like Mirapex help with the dysatonias. I take the neuro patch and that helps me with dysatonias in my leg. Her PD doctor should be able to help with that. Has she tried the agnostics? Good luck.

monroe63 replied to njladyluck's response:
njladyluck, Could you explain to me what dysatonias is? I also hhave leg pain. My leg hurts and burns.

njladyluck replied to monroe63's response:
Here are two good sites that it explains dystonia - sorry spelled it wrong before. That is probably why you didn't understand LOL
https://www.michaeljfox.org/understanding-parkinsons/living-with-pd/topic.php?dyskinesia and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia

happy reading!!!

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Parkinson's app for iPad
I found a free app for my iPhone/iPad and it seems to be pretty good. It's called Parkinson's Central and it is sponsored by the National ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center