confusing diagnose
coucoubeou posted:
I am 56 years old and 3 years ago doctors diagnosed that i have Parkinson's Disease. My symptoms are: weakness, tremor in hands, the left side has the biggest problem, I suffle the left leg, and I can't bend back the left arm, I have daytime fatigue, a soft voice and some mornings I have no energy. I have been taking Requipt 10mg/day and Azillect 1mg/day, but i have no change in the above syptoms.

The problem is that 2 months ago I went to another doctor (nevrologist), who diagnosed that I have herniation at 5th, A5, A6, A7 lumbar vertebrate and I need to have a surgery, instead of PD. Who doctor is true?
The second one, at first, made me some tests to ensure that I don't have Parkinson's Disease, these were:
1) The last 3 years I was taking Requipt 10mg/24 hr and Azillect 1mg/24hr at once. For a week, I reduced the Requipt to 4mg/day and cut the Azillect.Nothing again.

2) For the next 10 days I gradually stopped the medicines. I have no change in my condition. I have the same symptoms as before and I didn't have suddenly stop or "freeze'' as we were expecting.
3) Then, for a week, I took ¼ of the Levodopa pill at morning, ¼ half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing again.
4) After that, for a week I took 1/2 of the Levodopa pill at morning, ¼ half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing again.
5) The next week, I took 1/2 of the Levodopa pill at morning, 1/2 half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing, nothing, nothing…
Now, I am taking no medicines and I am searching what is going on with my condition, if I will have a sergury or if I will do more tests about PD. Please tell me if anyone of you had the same experience with me what you have done, or if anyone is a doctor what I can do. Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

karunapod responded:
google: Noel Batten

Kim0816 responded:
Have you had a DaTscan test done yet? It can confirm or rule out Parkinson's, even in the earliest stages!

Positive123 replied to Kim0816's response:
I am going to have my DaTscan on October 5. It was just approved by the FDA in 2011.

I am glad to meet everyone. I was just diagnosed. I have some of the symptoms that you have been talking about.