Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
confusing diagnose
coucoubeou posted:
I am 56 years old and 3 years ago doctors diagnosed that i have Parkinson's Disease. My symptoms are: weakness, tremor in hands, the left side has the biggest problem, I suffle the left leg, and I can't bend back the left arm, I have daytime fatigue, a soft voice and some mornings I have no energy. I have been taking Requipt 10mg/day and Azillect 1mg/day, but i have no change in the above syptoms.

The problem is that 2 months ago I went to another doctor (nevrologist), who diagnosed that I have herniation at 5th, A5, A6, A7 lumbar vertebrate and I need to have a surgery, instead of PD. Who doctor is true?
The second one, at first, made me some tests to ensure that I don't have Parkinson's Disease, these were:
1) The last 3 years I was taking Requipt 10mg/24 hr and Azillect 1mg/24hr at once. For a week, I reduced the Requipt to 4mg/day and cut the Azillect.Nothing again.

2) For the next 10 days I gradually stopped the medicines. I have no change in my condition. I have the same symptoms as before and I didn't have suddenly stop or "freeze'' as we were expecting.
3) Then, for a week, I took ¼ of the Levodopa pill at morning, ¼ half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing again.
4) After that, for a week I took 1/2 of the Levodopa pill at morning, ¼ half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing again.
5) The next week, I took 1/2 of the Levodopa pill at morning, 1/2 half hour before lunch time and ¼ at night. Nothing, nothing, nothing…
Now, I am taking no medicines and I am searching what is going on with my condition, if I will have a sergury or if I will do more tests about PD. Please tell me if anyone of you had the same experience with me what you have done, or if anyone is a doctor what I can do. Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

karunapod responded:
google: Noel Batten

Kim0816 responded:
Have you had a DaTscan test done yet? It can confirm or rule out Parkinson's, even in the earliest stages!

Positive123 replied to Kim0816's response:
I am going to have my DaTscan on October 5. It was just approved by the FDA in 2011.

I am glad to meet everyone. I was just diagnosed. I have some of the symptoms that you have been talking about.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 81 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center