Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
on our own
worn1 posted:
I think we are on our own here. It has been over 9 months since we have heard anything from the web md staff and a month since Dr Stacy has responded to questions.
w
There are none so blind as those that will not see
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovedogs1955 responded:
Yes, it has been quite a while! I hope we aren't flying solo much longer!

njladyluck responded:
Hi, I'm not going to start worrying yet. I think Dr. Stacy usually goes on a long extended vacation at the end of August. We will probably hear from him a week or so after Labor Day weekend. Maybe he misses us and it will be sooner!!! lol Dr. Stacy, I hope you had a great vacation!! Have a nice extended weekend you guys. I will be gone for a week myself. Going to visit my mother. Enjoy!!

lovedogs1955 replied to njladyluck's response:
It does seem like we are left hanging all by ourselves! Labor Day has come and gone. Where is our resident expert?

worn1 replied to lovedogs1955's response:
I checked out some of the other communities and no recent expert activity except the pet site. also no activity by the staff.
The welcome site is a mess. I think we are on our own and this site will eventually shut down.
or maybe we just are paranoid
who knows Parkinsons does things to the psyche you would never dream of.
w

lovedogs1955 replied to worn1's response:
I hope it's not going to be gone. I really have gotten a lot of support from everyone that posts. There are a few of you I would especially miss. Mayb we should exchange contact information before we lose our community.

lovedogs1955 replied to lovedogs1955's response:
I searched around on the community information page for Webmd and found a possible section to ask about what is going on. I was trying to get it to copy and paste but no luck. But, I was able to send an email to the Webmd content people and told them about our concerns. I found under the section about email and email problems. I'll share if they don't share the answer with all of us.

Thankds lovedogs1955
FYI the PFNCA is having a symposium 1Feb at the Fairview Park Maarriott in Falls Church VA. I think I am going to try and attend.
It is time to start net working since it appears we no longer have Dr Stacy. Hope I am wrong

Falls Church, eh? I'm not sure what the PFNCA stands for. You and I must live in the same general metro area, worn1

PFNCA = Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area
I live in Dale city VA
W

I live in Waldorf, MD

Positive123 replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Most doctors go on extended vacations during the summer months. Dr. Stacy will be back.

I hope he will enjoy his vacation!!

lovedogs1955 replied to Positive123's response:
I hope you are right, Positive! Usually someone would be covering in his absence. BTW, I have heard notihing back from my inquiry to WebMD

njladyluck replied to lovedogs1955's response:
Yes, I agree this is pretty long for Dr. Stacy to be away!!! Budget cuts????

lovedogs1955 replied to njladyluck's response:
Well, I scrolled to the very bottom of the page and sent an email to the "contact us" section. I think more of us should do the same and maybe we can find out what is going on with our Community.

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center