Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Parkinson's
culp01 posted:
Hi everyone,
I need help, I got hurt about nine months ago fell off a dozer, I use to work for a pesticide plant. At the time I got hurt all I remember it was windy and the very strong smell of the large cow manure Pyle made really dizzy and I guess that's when I feel off and landed on my face and they told me I went in to some type of a convulsion and five men were holding me down. Then I was incoherent and unconscious for one anhalf hour. when I came to I remember feeling like I got hit by a mack truck. sense then I've been thought a lot of tests. and know im going through a lot of truomurs stiff muscles joint pain swelling spasms, very hard to walk I've fallen a lot, memory lose, eye vision is very bad. drop things do to hands not wanting to work like they should. My doctor has told me take I have a lot of nerve damage and muscle disorder. Then she told me two or three weeks ago that she thinks I may have early signs of Parkinson's Disease. I need some help Please.

worn1 responded:
culp01 if you are walking and falling, problems with your hands-griping and writing,vision problems etc. You are past the beginning phase of Parkinson's --if you have it. Please see a neurologist specializning in movement disorders/parkinsons.
There is no test yet to diagnose parkinson's. You have not said where you are from. I cannot give you a specific name but if you live in the
DC area I can recommend the Neurology center of fairfax. Anyone else have any suggestions.
Dr Stacy I hope your vacation is about over.
Thanks
w
There are none so blind as those that will not see

culp01 replied to worn1's response:
Thanks for your response. I live in North California, I have to watch what I do I pay for everything out of pocket long story. But I've going to my local doctor for the past nine months when I got hurt. Been to standford university one time. Right after that my job let me go. Anyways I still keep in contact with the nerve doc there. The newest thing happening with me is know when its time that I want to get up out of my chair I can't do it, this disease is pissing me off. I don't know if anyone besides me can actually feel your body going through changes with this PD. Anyways getting back to the chair my wife is having to lifting me up out of chair shes a little thing, I asked her were have you been keeping that strength to lift up a 200 pound man. Anyway like my smartphone helps me. Anyway I'm new to having the PD I know the docs told the wife and I that its progressing fast. Anyway thanks for reading.

njladyluck replied to culp01's response:
One way to find out if you really have PD is to start taking the medicine and if it relieves the symptoms that means you have PD. Even if you decide on not taking the meds right now you can wean back off. The best thing to do is go to a neurologist or the dr. that diagnosed you and ask for the meds to see if it relieves your symptoms.

mrsfish19652000 responded:
I have had the same diagnoses, symptoms started after and injury to my back and neck, have the same symtoms, been to all kinds of doctors, all with different diagnoses, but neorologist diagnosed Parkinson's and put me on meds, I"ve had no change in symtoms with meds, but I have found that the symptoms begin when I have toted something or picked up something to heavy, when I get my back popped all the symptoms literally melt away in minutes. I believe I've been misdiagnosed and my problems are being caused by nerves being pinched somewhere. But where would nerves be being pinched that would cause the eye problems?

njladyluck replied to mrsfish19652000's response:
If the medicine doesn't help there is your answer. I don't know about your back/nerve problems. They have doctors who specialize in backs. My mother went to a huge back clinic. We live in the northeast. Everything is connected in the head and is done through the brain - muscles, nerves, everything. The doctors told me that I was nutsy thinking that my eye problems were from the PD, but sure enough - I found on the internet that eyes to focus require dopamine - who doesn't get enough dopamine - Me because I have PD. Good luck. And I will be glad if you find out you don't have PD and hopefully, your back is fixable.

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center