Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
PD & joint pain
djl0007 posted:
I am new to PD - early symptoms, left side. Recently began to have pain in the left thigh/hip joint. Does PD affect joints or should I look for another cause?

worn1 responded:
bydj1007
Parkinson's affects everything. not just movement. Give your neuro a call and see what he has to say.
There are none so blind as those that will not see

lovedogs1955 responded:
Pain is much more common than people realize. Discuss with Neuro and see what he/she suggests. In addition to some pain management through prescription meds, massage can really help with that as well. Soaking in a nice warm tub feels good too!

njladyluck responded:
I have pd and I have pain from rigidity. It is in my neck, top of arm and feet and my hip (on and off) all on my left side which is the pd side. The meds usually relieves the pain and if I forget to take a pill that is one of the first symptom that comes back until I take my meds.

mlja6363 replied to njladyluck's response:
hi, I have the same problem, also the cold weather makes me shake more, take care, Laura

Helpful Tips

What would you like to know?Expert
Over the last month the PD Exchange has addressed topics concerning diagnosis, medications, managing doctor's office visits, sleep ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center