Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Natural l-dopa - Velvet Bean
jojomo posted:
I have young onset pd at age 39 - I'm now 43 and have had remarkable results with taking the Velvet Bean supplements. I take 4 a day and I feel "giddy" and have that "good mood feeling"! I highly recommend it.

I can now button, zip, type, write & swing my arm 30% better!!

I'm sorry we all have pd. I pray for a cure daily!!

thevi responded:
Hi,
my brother has pd since 5 years and now he is not able to to button,brush or anything. please tell me what is this velvet bean supplement. thanks

worn1 replied to thevi's response:
thevi
the velvet bean is used as a natural source of L-DOPA. It is suppose to work faster than the chemical L-DOPA, It sounds as if your brother has not recieved any medical care. He needs to see a neurologist so he can get on the right regiment of medications. You want to see a neurologist who specializes in Parkinsons.
W
There are none so blind as those that will not see

thevi responded:
thank you so much for the info. my sincere prayers for all the PD patients.
please tell me where i can buy the velvet bean supplement.
thanks
take care

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center