Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Mom diagnosed with Parkinson's
pjwrigley posted:
I found out a couple of hours ago, and it's now finally hit me. It's 1am, I texted friends, but no one's responded. I'm feeling really alone.

An_255017 responded:
I was diagnosed in September. I have 3 children and when I found out I was upset but not surprised; I just didn't want to admit there was something wrong. I support a family with 3 kids so a million things are still racing through my head very day.

I don't know your circumstances, but please remember you are not alone out there. Seek the support of family, friends, counseling and if you are a person of faith, now is a good time to rely on it more than ever.

People have been noticing my condition and it's hard to hide, but I made the decision not to share it with the general public until together with my wife we evaluate a long term plan.

Please stay strong for you and your loved ones.

God Bless You.

joyceeee replied to An_255017's response:
I was diagnosed in 2010. Tried many things and medication. I improved my mobility and range of motion from 5 to 10 just by taking the meds on time! Also, by committing myself to 3 days a week; 2 hours a day (while my teen was in school) PT.
I was able to drive again, use both arms and hands; do many things I"D not been able to do while the PD developed.

Please stay strong for yourself and family. Don't believe PD has you! You and your God can and will have a life worth living.
God Bless you and this journey we are on

An_255017 replied to joyceeee's response:
You are very encouraging. I am still trying to get my head around this emotionally, but in the meantime I have been taking a combination of Sinemet and Requip (at night) and the progress in treating my symptoms has been good. My neurologist also recommended PT but I didn't follow up on the PT.

May I ask what is the PT like and did you feel improvement from the PT?

Helpful Tips

Sensory symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseExpert
Sensory complaints in PD are not uncommon, and include visual changes, loss of sense of smell, restless legs syndrome (RLS), and pain. ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center