Skip to content

Announcements

Visit the WebMD Parkinson's Health Center for information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, treatment and care.
So glad to find this community
bill_in_thailand posted:
I found out I had PD in 2010 at 41 yrs. old; DXed when back home in Pittsburgh, my wife and I have raised our 4 kids and have lived in Thailand for 20 years. PD has progressed to stage 2 since then. Having trouble finding a good neurologist here...do a lot of my own research. I am on Requip ER 2mg/day and Sinemet 25/250 4 to 6 tabs./day, depending on activities. Been dealing a lot with anxiety and depression lately; totally unmotivated and anxious about everything. Thinking about adding an antidepressant, Paxil 20mg/daily, to my regimen. Anyone have any experience with Paxil? ...How about upping my Requip dose a bit, will that help? ...feels good to share with you all...my thoughts and prayers to you all...

lovedogs1955 responded:
I don't have depression, but I do have Parkinson's Anxiety, which greatly affects my quality of sleep. For now, I am pretty well maintained on Nortirptyline and Celexa at bedtime and Xanax as needed during the day.

atti_editor responded:
Hi bill_in_thailand,

You might find it helpful to look through some of our user reviews for Paxil in our Drugs & Medications Center. You should always consult your doctor before adding to or changing your medications.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Do you have vivid dreams?Expert
Vivid dreams in Parkinson's Disease are quite common. They may be accompanied by yelling or thrashing about during sleep. If this is ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Neurological Disorders Center